Speak to a qualified cancer nurse
Call us on 13 11 20
Avg. connection time: 25 secs
What are the symptoms?
Liver cancer often doesn’t cause any symptoms in the early stages, but they may appear as the cancer grows or spreads.
Symptoms of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) can include:
- weakness and tiredness (fatigue)
- pain in the abdomen, or in the right shoulder
- appetite loss and feeling sick (nausea)
- unexplained weight loss
- yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice)
- dark urine and pale bowel motions
- itchy skin
- a swollen abdomen caused by fluid build-up (ascites)
These symptoms can also be caused by other conditions, but see your doctor if you are concerned.