- What is chemotherapy?
- How does chemotherapy work?
- Why have chemotherapy?
- How is chemotherapy given?
- Where and how often will I have treatment?
- How much does treatment cost?
- Can chemotherapy be given during pregnancy?
- Chemotherapy treatment
- Other ways of having chemotherapy
- Chemotherapy is time consuming
- Safety precautions
- Chemotherapy and infections
- Is the treatment working?
- Managing side effects
- Sex and fertility
- Question checklist
Speak to a qualified cancer nurse
Call us on 13 11 20
Avg. connection time: 25 secs
Chemotherapy and infections
You are usually more prone to infections while you are having chemotherapy.
If any of your relatives or friends have an infectious illness, such as a cold or the flu, discuss it with your doctor or nurse. They may suggest that your loved ones wait until they are well before getting too close to you.