Skip to content

How do I know the treatment has worked?

Health professionals who care for people having radiotherapy include:

  • radiation oncologist – a specialist doctor who prescribes and coordinates the course of treatment and advises about side effects
  • radiation therapist – plans and delivers the radiation treatments
  • radiation oncology nurses – help you manage emotional and physical problems such as side effects that you may experience during treatment
  • radiation physicist – ensures that treatment is delivered accurately and safely
  • dietitian – recommends the best eating plan to follow while you are in treatment and recovery
  • social worker, psychologist, physiotherapist and occupational therapist – advise you on support services and help you get back to your usual activities
  • pastoral carer – helps with religious and spiritual concerns