- Laser surgery
- How does surgery help to diagnose cancer?
- How is surgery used to treat cancer?
- Some common terms for surgical treatments
- Surgery for rehabilitation
- About anaesthetics
- Finding out more about your treatment
- What happens when you are admitted into hospital?
- What to expect after a major operation
- Returning home
Speak to a qualified cancer nurse
Call us on 13 11 20
Avg. connection time: 25 secs
Finding out more about your treatment
Your surgeon will provide you with the following basic information before you make decisions about your treatment:
the name of the surgical procedure
what this procedure involves
the possible risks and benefits of undertaking surgery
other surgical and non-surgical options
the possible outcomes if you do not have surgery.
Sometimes the surgeon has to wait for the results of the biopsy on the surgically removed tissue before he can tell you whether you need more treatment and what treatment it might be.