Individuals who volunteer on a regular basis, usually in the office, at one of the Lodges, or an external site. Roles can include:
• Bus drivers—Providing transport assistance to our guests travelling from the lodges to the treatment centres.
• Cancer Connect—Our free, confidential Cancer Connect service provides an opportunity for you to talk with someone who has ‘walked in your shoes’ and really understands what it’s like to deal with cancer.
• Cancer Information representatives—Representing the Cancer Council at various sites around Adelaide to provide information of Cancer Council Services.
• General office volunteers—A variety of office based administration that may include database administration, mailing, filing and telemarketing.
• Morning tea and friendly visitors—A weekly morning tea held at both Greenhill and Flinders Lodge that gives you the opportunity to assist, serve and have a friendly discussion to our guests.
• Warehouse volunteers—Assisting in the assembly and packing of various campaign material to be used for upcoming events.
Customer Service Volunteer
- Marketing Byline
The Marketing, Fundraising and Relationships Unit is responsible and accountable for generating the revenue required to fund strategies for a cancer free future.
This role is focused on outbound customer service calls to our valuable volunteers, fundraisers and donors for a variety of projects by Cancer Council SA. It’s a courtesy call to keep them informed and saying “thank you” for their contribution to Cancer Council SA.
Broad role requirements
- Using Salesforce and excel spreadsheets to navigate call lists.
- Data entry into Salesforce and excel spreadsheets.
- Confident in reading from scripts for the intention to increase registrations and/or revenue.
- Confident phone manner with strong customer service experience to convey information correctly.
- Ability to build rapport and engage with clients.
Person specification (knowledge, skills and experience)
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Previous phone customer service experiences and operating telephone equipment.
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Accurate data entry skills with attention to detail
Hours and location of this position
Various weekday shifts available between Wednesday and Friday between:
- 10am – 2pm
- 2pm - 6pm
There are peak periods and can be interval periods between each project. The role is based at 202 Greenhill Road Eastwood.
All training will be provided.
Cancer Council SA is an equal opportunity employer committed to effective volunteer involvement and maintains a non-smoking environment
Please note that as a part of our recruitment process you may be required to undertake a medical assessment, police clearance check and/or any practical assessment deemed appropriate to the role.
- Contact Information
To express your interest, please apply or speak with Alice Wyly at (08) 8291 4121