Cancer Council SA’s new integrated cancer building gives every South Australian impacted by cancer every chance to survive their diagnosis. The visionary building combines cancer research, prevention, and support services alongside 120 rooms of supportive accommodation for regional and remote South Australians travelling to Adelaide for cancer treatment.
We are seeking compassionate individuals to join our team as Concierge Volunteers who will enhance the quality of our guests’ stay with us. As the first point of contact with our guests and visitors, you will utilise your excellent customer service practises to ensure our guests feel welcome and valued at their home-away-from-home.
As a Concierge Volunteer you will:
- Provide a friendly, safe and warm welcome to guests as they arrive at Cancer Council SA
- Assist reception staff by managing the quantity and flow of people waiting for the service
- Escort guests to their room on initial arrival and help them navigate the facility
- Provide information regarding the programs and services available to guests during their stay with Cancer Council SA.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and an ability to communicate respectfully with people from varied backgrounds.
- Empathy, compassion, and an understanding of people facing a major and distressing illness
- Confidence and ability to work independently with indirect supervision, but also work as part of a team
Location and time required:
- This position will be located at 202 Greenhill Road, Eastwood.
- The service operates everyday (excluding public holidays) – shift hours are on Monday to Friday 9.00am to 1.00pm and 1.00pm to 4.30pm, and Saturday and Sunday 9.00am to 1.00pm.
- The position will commence in July/August, upon completion of the new facility.
- The successful volunteer will be a non-smoker.
- As a part of our recruitment process you may be required to undertake a medical assessment, validate any relevant vaccinations and criminal history checks and/or complete any practical assessment deemed appropriate to the role.
For more information, contact Annette James on 08 8291 4333 or email email@example.com.
Or click on the button below to apply.