Reception & Administration Services Volunteer
Multiple positions available
We recognise that a good first impression can make or break a reputation and relationship.
As the welcoming face of Cancer Council SA, our Reception & Administration Services Volunteers are positioned to welcome every person who arrives our door. They will enhance the quality of our visitors’ time with us and utilise their excellent customer service practices to ensure our visitors feel welcome, supported and valued by our organisation.
As a Reception & Administration Services Volunteer you will:
- Provide a friendly, warm and professional welcome to visitors as they arrive at Cancer Council SA.
- Receive and announce visitors and ensure their contact person is advised of their presence.
- Respond to all incoming phone calls and emails professionally and with an empathetic approach, forwarding them to the appropriate staff member.
- Provide administrative support to the Corporate Services teams, covering tasks across finance, human resources, and volunteers.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward visitors at all times.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Proven experience in a similar role combining reception and administration duties.
- Must be highly organised, practice good time management, attention to detail and be able to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills and an ability to communicate respectfully with people from varied backgrounds.
- A confident telephone manner with strong customer service experience to convey information correctly.
- The ability to work independently with indirect supervision.
Location and time required:
- This position is located at 168 Greenhill Road, Eastwood.
- The role is required Monday to Friday; shift hours are 8.45 am to 1.15 pm and 12.45 pm to 5.00 pm (full days can be negotiated).
- The successful volunteer will be a non-smoker.
- As a part of our recruitment process you may be required to undertake a medical assessment, validate any relevant vaccinations and criminal history checks and/or complete any practical assessment deemed appropriate to the role.
For more information, contact Marnie Mackenzie on 08 8291 4352 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or click on the button below to apply.