Cancer causes questions. Call us for the answers.
Often when you or someone you love is affected by cancer you can feel upset, frightened and overwhelmed. This can make it hard to understand and remember the information you are given by your health professional.
Cancer Council is here to support people impacted by cancer today and to prevent and manage cancer into the future. Below cancer survivor, Katherine describes her journey through cancer and how Cancer Council 13 11 20 was able to support her.
Cancer Council 13 11 20 is a confidential information and support service where you can speak to a Cancer Council Nurse about anything to do with cancer including:
- emotional support if you or someone you care about has cancer
- how to reduce your risk of cancer
- questions about early detection
- cancer diagnosis
- treatments and their side effects
- practical support and services that are available for people affected by cancer
- end of life issues
Cancer Council Nurses can also help to clarify medical terms, procedures and treatments, provide you with printed information, or can generally talk with you about your cancer experience.
Anyone can call Cancer Council 13 11 20 - people living with cancer, their families, carers and friends, people wanting to reduce their cancer risk, teachers, students and healthcare professionals.
Cancer Council 13 11 20 is open Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Callers outside business hours can leave a message and your call will be returned the next business day.
Cancer Council Nurses can provide you with up to date, evidence-based information by phone, email, mail, online, in print or in person. You can access our information by any of the following methods:
- Phone: 13 11 20 Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Request a callback
- Online chat: available Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Email - Ask a nurse a question
- In person: 202 Greenhill Road, Eastwood, SA, 5063
- Order resources online
If you have communication, hearing or language needs, you can connect with us:
- TTY speech and hearing impaired users, call 133 677
- Speak and listen users, call 1300 555 727
- Languages other than English users, call Translating and Interpreter Service on 131 450 then ask for Cancer Council 13 11 20.
Dry July Foundation: Funding our national 13 11 20 service
We are grateful to the Dry July Foundation for supporting Cancer Council for seven years. Since 2019, funds raised through Dry July have supported our vital 13 11 20 information and support service where our specialists provide confidential cancer information to more than 37,000 callers across Australia each year. Without support from partners like the Dry July Foundation and our community, we couldn’t provide services like 13 11 20 for people impacted by cancer and their loved ones. Find out more about Dry July here.
Last reviewed March 2020