The website www.cancersa.org.au is an information service offered by Cancer Council SA at no charge to users of the World Wide Web. Cancer Council recommends you consult the most recent version of this User Agreement each time you view the website.
Please do not use the website if you do not agree to all of the following terms and conditions:
- Acknowledge that the information on this website is provided "as is" for general information only.
- Cancer Council makes no warranties of any kind regarding this website, including but not limited to any warranty of accuracy, completeness, currency, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or any warranty that these pages, or the server that makes them available, are free of viruses or other harmful elements, and such warranties are expressly disclaimed.
- You agree to hold harmless Cancer Council SA and its Directors and employees from all claims arising out of, or related to, your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, this website or the information contained in this website or other websites to which it is linked, including but not limited to claims that you have found something you have heard, viewed or downloaded from this website or another website to which it is linked to be obscene, offensive, defamatory, or infringing upon your intellectual property rights.
- In no event will Cancer Council or the contributors of information to this website be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made, or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- This website is not intended to be a replacement for medical advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with qualified health professionals who are familiar with your individual medical needs.
Cancer Council SA reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
Cancer Council SA links to other websites
Cancer Council SA may provide links to other websites which meet agreed criteria. However these websites are not under control of Cancer Council. In general, any website which has an address (or URL) which does not contain www.cancersa.org.au is such a website. These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by Cancer Council of the organisation or individual operating the website, or a warranty of any type regarding the website or the information on it.
The opinions and recommendations contained in linked websites are not necessarily those of Cancer Council or endorsed by Cancer Council.
Links to Cancer Council SA website
You may provide a hypertext link to this website on another website, provided:
the link must "point" to the URL www.cancersa.org.au and not to other pages within the website
the appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with Cancer Council SA name and trademarks
the appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not create the false appearance that an entity other than Cancer Council SA is associated with or sponsored by Cancer Council SA, and
the link, when activated by a user, must display the website full-screen and not within a "frame" on the linked website.
Always consult your doctor about matters that affect your health. This website health information is intended as a general introduction to the topic and should not be seen as a substitute for medical, legal or financial advice. You should obtain appropriate independent professional advice relevant to your specific situation.
All care is taken to ensure that the information on this website is accurate. Please note that information on cancer, including the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cancer, is constantly being updated and revised by medical professionals and the research community. Cancer Council SA exclude all liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred by use of or reliance on the information provided on this website.
Advertising and sponsorship
This site is funded from donations – we don't accept paid advertisements. Sometimes where fundraising and community events are sponsored, the logos of sponsors are included in reports of the events. Inclusion of logos does not imply endorsement of the sponsor or its products. For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The works of authorship contained in this website, including but not limited to all design, text and images, are owned or licensed by Cancer Council SA, and may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, rented, sub-licensed, altered, stored by subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without Cancer Council's prior written consent, except by educational institutions for educational purposes.