04 October 2012
1,121 South Australian women are diagnosed with breast cancer each year and tragically more than 200 women lose their lives to this terrible disease.
This is why Australians will come together on Cancer Council’s Pink Ribbon Day, Monday 22 October, to show their support for the one in eight women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer by the age of 85.
“A diagnosis of breast cancer can be a traumatic experience that can severely disrupt a woman’s family and working life, however outcomes are improving,” says Professor Brenda Wilson, Chief Executive, Cancer Council SA.
“By participating in Cancer Council’s Pink Ribbon Day, the public can help us provide support services to improve the quality of life for people affected by breast cancer, along with research into potential new treatments and prevention measures.”
Throughout October you can show your support by registering to receive a box of merchandise or purchasing one of our ’I heart pink’ items at selected outlets* or on Pink Ribbon Day itself. Funds raised go to vital cancer research, prevention and support programs and services such as Cancer Council Helpline, 13 11 20. Register today at www.pinkribbonday.com.au
Cancer Council’s Pink Ribbon Day 2012 merchandise:
- Pink ribbon pin $5
- Pink ribbon pen $6
- Pink heart bag tag $7
- Pink heart key ring $10
- Pyjama Penny bear $10
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters $10
- Pink enamel bangle $10
- Pink Ribbon shopping bag $10
Getting involved is easy:
- ORDER Pink Ribbon Day merchandise to sell to friends, family or colleagues
- BUY Pink Ribbon Day merchandise from any of our national supporting outlets or on the day itself
- REGISTER to volunteer on Pink Ribbon Day at one of our sites
- DONATE by visiting www.pinkribbonday.com.au, phone 1300 65 65 85 or find us on Facebook www.facebook.com/pinkribbonday
- HOLD a Pink Ribbon Fundraiser at work or school – it can be as simple or creative as you like
*National supporting outlets include: Amcal, Autograph, BeMe, Best & Less, Caltex (at participating sites), Centrelink, Crossroads, Curves, Fernwood Fitness, Medicare, Millers, New Balance, Rockmans, Telstra and W Lane. You can also support Cancer Council’s Pink Ribbon Day corporate partners by buying Woolworths Pink Ribbon Bouquets, New Balance Pink Ribbon runners, Vanish Napisan, Australian Mushroom Growers Association mushrooms and Curves gyms memberships.