In home support
The new temporary MBS telehealth items will allow people to access essential Medicare funded health services in their homes and reduce their risk of exposure to COVID-19 within the community.
To find out more about this service visit http://www.mbsonline.gov.au/internet/mbsonline/publishing.nsf/Content/Factsheet-TempBB.
COVID-19 information and support
- For more information on regarding COVID-19 (germ) contact the National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080. This line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide invaluable information to all Australians.
- The best source of reliable local health information for families on remote and regional communities and homelands is your local health clinic. Follow all other COVID-19 (germ) recommendations from the Australian Government, National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO) and/or Aboriginal Health Council within your State or Territory.
- If you feel unwell, do not go to the medical centre or your local hospital. Contact the communicable disease control branch in your local state if you feel unwell.
ACT Health: 02 6205 2155
NSW Health: 1300 066 055
SA Health: 1300 232 272
TAS Health: 1800 671 738
QLD Health: 13 432 584
VIC Health: 1300 651 160
WA Health: 08 922 8588
- It’s normal to feel stressed or anxious, especially now. If you’re feeling particularly distressed because of COVID-19, the new social distancing measures in place or any of the changes in place, SA Health is here to help, with a new COVID-19 (germ) Mental Health Support Line available 8am to 8pm every day. Contact them on 1800 632 753.
- The Northern Land Council has developed 17 short language videos on COVID-19 (germ). For more information visit: www.nlc.org.au.
To stay connected with Quitline and local information relevant your community following the Aboriginal SA/NT Quitline Facebook Page @AboriginalQuitlineSA/NT or the Quitskills Facebook Page @Quitskills.