We’re so excited to share that our new building at 202 Greenhill Road is in its final build stages!
Combining cancer research, prevention and support alongside 120 rooms of supported accommodation, the building will the first of its kind in the state and will make an incredible difference to the lives of South Australians impacted by cancer.
We can’t wait to show you inside, but in the meantime, we thought we’d share with you five facts that make our new building so unique:
- The building is the only one of its kind in the country to combine Cancer Council’s research, prevention and support services alongside supported accommodation.
- The building has five floors, four of which are dedicated to accommodation for regional and remote South Australians travelling to Adelaide for cancer treatment.
- There are different room types for different guests, including family and carer rooms.
- Every space in the new building has been planned with people impacted by cancer in mind. From kitchens and dining rooms through to entertainment areas and kids’ room, every space is designed to create a home away from home for regional South Australians.
- The South Australian community has raised $1.7 million to support the new building, which is incredible!
You can check out the latest timelapse footage of the building here, and we can’t wait to share more updates with you next month – including a move in date!