Skip to content

Practical information on how to cope and who can help.

Our country support pages contain comprehensive information for rural South Australians affected by cancer on how to cope and who can help with social, emotional and practical challenges.

While some general medical advice is provided, a GP or specialist is the best place to seek this type of advice as every patient’s medical needs are different.

This information has been compiled through a joint initiative involving cancer patients from across rural South Australia, Kate Gunn, Country Health SA, Cancer Council SA, the Spencer Gulf Rural Health School and the University of Adelaide.

We hope people travelling to Adelaide for treatment from interstate will also find it helpful.