If you are finding it hard to know how to keep your activity up without your usual routine, you’re not alone. That’s why we’ve put together a few tips for you. Why not try ideas like:
- Scheduling in ‘active time’ in your diary to help set aside some time and help you stay in a routine.
- Doing some simple stretching exercises while watching television.
- Doing vigorous housework like vacuuming or mowing the lawn.
- Getting out and working in the garden.
- Searching equipment-free online workout videos and follow along at home.
- Taking a walk around your neighbourhood—but be sure to adhere to social distancing guidelines and remain 1.5 metres away from other people.
Whatever you do and however you choose to do it, just remember that the recommendation is one hour of moderate activity or 30 minutes of vigorous activity five or more days a per week.
To find out how intense your exercises are, check out this handy table:
What you eat also plays a vital part in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. A healthy, balanced diet will not only give you more energy and help you to maintain a healthy weight; it can also cut your cancer risk, particularly cancers of the gastro-intestinal tract.
Looking for a healthy treat to inspire you in the kitchen? Why not try our very own Natalie von Bertouch’s delicious recipe for banana bread.
Not only is this a great recipe for adding some fibre to your diet, it’s also a good one for using up any ripened bananas and will fill your house with warmth and the delicious smell of baking!