We’re here for every South Australian
Supporting people affected by cancer is at the heart of everything we do. Across all stages of their experience—from hearing those three words, to coping with treatment, to life beyond cancer—our support services ensure no one ever has to go through their experience alone.
Year in review
Because of you, this year South Australians impacted by cancer were able to access trusted, evidence-based cancer information, free counselling, subsidised accommodation when they had to travel for treatment, childcare, and financial and legal aid to help plan for the costs of cancer.
Even during the COVID-19 Pandemic, support from the South Australian community enabled us to continue to offer services and supports to all South Australians impacted by cancer when they needed us most.
See how your support is helping South Australian families impacted by cancer.
- In the past year, our Outreach Nurse helped 166 people.
- 5212 South Australians were provided with information and support through Cancer Council 13 11 20
- 735 sessions of counselling provided to individuals to support them through their cancer experience.
- In the past year, 104,065 publications were distributed to South Australians impacted by cancer.
- 1,693 occasions of social work support provided to lodge guests during their stay.
This year, we provided more than 30,000 nights of accommodation to those travelling to Adelaide for cancer treatment and support.
This year we provided 546 hours of home help/cleaning, 180 hours of gardening, and 10 hours of childcare.