SunSmart status is awarded to services for a three-year period, after which time sun protection policy and practice are reviewed to ensure they remain consistent with the latest SunSmart criteria.
The renewal process is simple and can be completed online in approximately 15 minutes.
Before you begin the online application to join or renew:
- Review your current sun protection policy against the OSHC policy checklist here to ensure it meets Cancer Council’s latest SunSmart criteria. For more information about UV radiation and sun protection, you can also access a template OSHC sun protection policy here, or other supporting policy resources here.
- Have a word document copy of your OSHC’s current sun protection policy, ready to upload.
- Have at least one example of SunSmart practice in electronic format for upload. The example(s) can be one of the following:
- a copy of the learning framework
- a copy of newsletter articles
- sample of children’s work
- picture of displays
- photos of outside areas that demonstrate adequate shade
View the SunSmart guidelines