Cancer Information Centre Volunteer – Flinders Medical Centre
Multiple positions available
We recognise that cancer can be overwhelming but finding the right information and support can make a world of difference.
Cancer Council SA partners with the Flinders Medical Centre to provide a Cancer Information Centre that connects visitors to relevant information, resources, and services through the support of our caring volunteers.
As a Cancer Information Centre Volunteer you will:
- Approach and greet visitors to the Centre and maintain a comfortable and welcoming environment
- Provide practical information about Cancer Council SA, CanTeen and Leukaemia Foundation including guidance to evidence-based resources and services
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding of people facing a major and distressing illness.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills and an ability to communicate respectfully with people from varied backgrounds
- Empathy, compassion, and an understanding of people facing a major and distressing illness
- The ability to work independently with indirect supervision in a medical environment and spending time with people who may be receiving active treatment.
Location and time required:
- This position will be located at the Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park
- Multiple days and times required across Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Shift hours are generally 4 hours.
- The successful volunteer will be a non-smoker.
- As a part of our recruitment process you may be required to undertake a medical assessment, validate any relevant vaccinations and criminal history checks and/or complete any practical assessment deemed appropriate to the role.
For more information, contact Kylie Gepp on 08 8291 4124 or email email@example.com.
Or click on the button below to apply.