Cancer Information Centre Volunteer – Royal Adelaide Hospital
Multiple positions available
We recognise that cancer can be overwhelming but finding the right information and support can make a world of difference.
Cancer Council SA partners with the Royal Adelaide Hospital to provide a Cancer Information Centre that connects visitors to relevant information, resources, and services through the support of our caring volunteers.
As a Cancer Information Centre Volunteer you will:
- Approach and greet visitors to the Centre and maintain a comfortable and welcoming environment.
- Provide practical information about Cancer Council SA, CanTeen and Leukaemia Foundation including guidance to evidence-based resources and services.
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding of people facing a major and distressing illness.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills and an ability to communicate respectfully with people from varied backgrounds.
- Empathy, compassion, and an understanding of people facing a major and distressing illness.
- The ability to work independently with indirect supervision in a medical environment and spending time with people who may be receiving active treatment.
Location and time required:
- This position will be located at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide
- The position is required Wednesdays or Thursdays, 10 am to 2 pm.
- The successful volunteer will be a non-smoker.
- As a part of our recruitment process you may be required to undertake a medical assessment, validate any relevant vaccinations and criminal history checks and/or complete any practical assessment deemed appropriate to the role.
For more information, contact Kylie Gepp on 08 8291 4124 or email email@example.com.
Or click on the button below to apply.