Relay For Life Event Planning Committee Volunteer
Multiple positions available
Celebrate. Remember. Fight Back!
When it comes to fighting back against cancer, it takes a community and through Relay For Life, we come together to celebrate cancer survivors and caregivers, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against cancer.
Cancer Council’s Relay For Life is so much more than a fundraiser, it’s the world’s largest fundraising event that unites communities through our shared vision of a cancer free future.
All about celebrating the courage of local people affected by cancer and spreading hope, this unique event sees teams challenge themselves to take turns to keep a baton moving in a relay-style walk or run overnight to symbolise that cancer never sleeps.
Relay For Life events are a hive of energy, filled with fun, festivities, and strengthening and creating friendships – all powered by passionate members of the community who make up the Event Planning Committee and are ultimately responsible for making the event possible.
How you can make a difference.
When you become a member of a Relay For Life Event Planning Committee, you will be a part of something incredible.
Not only will you have the chance to work together with like-minded, motivated volunteers but you’ll be taking on the fight against cancer within your community. Together with the support of a Cancer Council Staff Partner and your fellow committee members, you are producing an event that can have a positive impact on the lives of thousands of people in your community and throughout the country. By helping people raise money and raise cancer awareness you, and everyone involved in Relay For Life, are one step closer to a cancer free future.
Skills you will develop as an Event Leadership Team member:
Being a Relay for Life Event Leadership Team member is a rewarding and valuable experience but can also be a great learning opportunity for you to develop new skills and knowledge.
- Leadership skills
- Promotional and marketing skills
- Logistics and event management skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Build a network of friends and contacts in the community
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to communicate respectfully with people from varied backgrounds.
- Organisational, management, and planning skills
- Promotional and networking skills
- Enjoy working in a collaborative, team environment
We are currently recruiting for committees within the following locations:
- Adelaide Hills
- Port Lincoln
- Yorke Peninsula
Time commitment required:
- Attend 1 x Event Planning Committee meeting per month after hours (with meetings scheduled more frequently leading up to the event).
- Provide 2-4 hours of volunteering time per week (role dependent)
- Attend and provide support for the duration of the Relay event weekend (Saturday AM to Sunday PM)
- Attend training sessions to support you in executing the responsibilities of your role.
- The successful volunteer will be a non-smoker.
- As a part of our recruitment process you may be required to undertake a medical assessment, validate any relevant vaccinations and criminal history checks and/or complete any practical assessment deemed appropriate to the role.
For more information, contact Dean Parker on 8291 4175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the button below to register your interest.