SunSmart School status is awarded to schools for a three-year period, after which time sun protection policy and practice are reviewed to ensure they remain consistent with the latest SunSmart criteria.
The renewal process is simple and can be completed online in approximately 15 minutes.
Before you begin the online renewal:
- Review your current sun protection policy against the policy checklist here to ensure it meets Cancer Council’s latest SunSmart criteria. For further information, you can also access policy resources here.
- Have a Word document copy of your school’s current sun protection policy, ready to upload.
- Have at least one example of SunSmart practice in electronic form for upload. The example(s) can be one of the following:
- a copy of the learning framework
- a copy of newsletter articles
- sample of student’s work
- picture of displays
- shade plans for the future
- photos of outside areas that demonstrate adequate shade
This webpage was last reviewed and updated in March 2022.