Who will you Relay for? Relay For Life is more than a fundraising event, it’s about bringing communities together to celebrate survivorship, remember loved ones lost, and to fight back against cancer while having a little (or a lot) of fun along the way.
Each Relay in South Australia is run by a passionate committee of local volunteers, headed by an event chair, who work all year round to bring the event to life.
Every Relay For Life is unique, but includes three key milestones:
- an opening ceremony – underpinned by a survivors and carers walk
- a moving candlelight ceremony – honouring those lost, celebrating those who have survived and inspiring those going through cancer right now
- a closing ceremony – celebrating the achievements of all those who have relayed through the night
Relay For Life is now more accessible than ever, with selected events taking on a shortened 10-hour format alongside the full 19-hour, overnight experience.
There has never been an easier way to join the Relay movement!
The traditional 19-hour Relay
A fun-filled day and night full of walking, running and rolling to fight back against cancer, all while enjoying a line-up of activities and entertainment.
The 10-hour afternoon Relay
A taste of Relay For Life suitable for anyone to step out to. This condensed event still includes all of the classic Relay For Life elements you know and love, just in a shorter time.
* All events will adhere to state COVID-Safe requirements including:
- ticketed entry
- social distancing
- appropriate hygiene measures
This will ensure all events are safe and enjoyable for all.
Every dollar raised through Relay For Life events will help make strides against cancer by helping to fund Cancer Council SA’s lifesaving research, prevention, advocacy and support programs.
So, what are you waiting for? Step out with us by registering to Relay today.