How Relay For Life works
Organised by passionate, local volunteers, each Relay event is an unforgettable experience that will stay with you forever. We’ll create memorable moments throughout the day and night celebrating Survivors and their Carers, as well as a time to honour those we’ve lost through a moving Candlelight Ceremony.
Teams of friends, families, colleagues and schools are encouraged to put together a team of 8+ members and fundraise in the lead up to the event.
No matter your age or ability, everyone is welcome to step out against cancer by walking, jogging, rolling, running, wheeling or even dancing—it’s your Relay For Life!
How can you get involved?
By stepping up and joining Relay For Life, you’ll make powerful strides against cancer by helping to fund Cancer Council’s life-saving cancer research, prevention and support programs.
- Register as a team captain and recruit team members
- Join a team and help support your teams fundraising
- Volunteer at a Relay For Life event
- Register as a survivor or carer and participate in our survivor and carer’s lap of honour
- Sponsor an event through monetary donations or in-kind donations or services
- Host a Mini Relay For Life or Dress Purple Day and get your whole school involved